Do children with ASD acquire gestures the same way other children do?
Is it beneficial for children with ASD to be encouraged to use gestures to communicate? Find out ...READ MORE
When Is a Child Ready for Mainstreaming?
Parents face tough issues when deciding whether it's time to change schools.
Babies need free tongue movement to decipher speech sounds
Making presentations to teachers and other students is part of everyday schooling and work life. A presentation is a way to convey a message (or several messages) to a group of people and may take a variety of forms from an informal weekly group meeting to a more formal customer-client setting.
Some people find presentations difficult in the following areas:
- Organising information for a presentation
- Using their voice correctly i.e. eliminating the 'nervous voice'
- Getting the message across
- Dealing with questions
- Using non-verbal communication such as eye contact
- Getting the audience on side
- Using the appropriate audio-visual aids, i.e. overheads
We are able to help you improve your presentation skills so that you will appear confident and feel at greater ease delivering your message to a group of people.